This loco was built by Howard in 1931 and worked at Whittlesea Central Brick Co. Ltd., Cambridgeshire. The loco was preserved in 1970, and was stored at the Cadeby Light Railway from 10/4/1971 until moved to the Brockham site in December 1973. It was subsequently stored at the Gloddfa Ganol site at Blaenau Ffestiniog before moving to Hampshire. It was sold in 2007 to a MRT member for eventual movement to Apedale. After a spell in Somerset, it arrived at Apedale on 21/3/2010.
Although a challenging restoration project, this is the sole remaining UK representative of this early builder of internal combustion locomotives.
As of August 2014, the loco has been restored to a rolling chassis and work is progressing with the Morris 20hp engine and the original gearbox with it’s interesting shift mechanism involving going into reverse the back out of reverse and into first and vice versa for forwards!