Our shop is located in the station building at our main Apedale Road station. We are open on all operating days from 11am until after the last train of the day. This is where you come to buy your train tickets (watch us endorse the ticket using our original “Edmondson” ticket dating machine).
Perhaps we can also tempt you with a purchase or two? Our aim is to stock “something for everyone”, including:
- A wide selection of books and DVDs, new and pre-owned:
- Narrow gauge railways (UK and overseas, current and historic), engines/rolling stock, etc
- Related railway subjects, e.g. engineering, WW1, industrial railways
- Local interest, e.g. local railways past and present (standard/narrow gauge), local area, historical
- Other pre-owned items: our stock is constantly changing but usually includes a selection of old photos/postcards, jigsaws and framed pictures
- Childrens books and activities including Peter’s Railway and Thomas and Friends, as well as other popular subjects, e.g. unicorns, princesses, superheroes, dinosaurs, pirates
- Gifts for all ages, e.g. tea towels, stationery, jewellery, locally made honey
- AVLR souvenirs, including fridge magnets, badges, keyrings, postcards, pens, Christmas cards, bookmarks and notepads
- Greetings cards, for adults and children
- A wide range of toys, indoor and outdoor, including toy trains and train sets as well as general toys to suit all ages and genders, with prices starting from 30p
Payment can be made via card or cash.
Our friendly team of volunteers will be happy to assist you with any general queries, and on cold days our open fire is always popular.
Note to potential sellers: If you are interested in selling items via the AVLR Shop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; AVLR does not buy products on-site from unsolicited sellers.