78 “City Of Gloucester” Motor Rail 5038 of 1930

New to the City of Gloucester Water Works. Preserved by Dowty RPS at Ashchurch, then Leicester Museum of Technology. Whilst in Leicester the loco was partially scrapped to allow the removal of it’s engine and gearbox for other projects. The loco came to the Cadeby Light Railway in 1990. It left the CLR on the 19/8/2002, and has undergone restoration at a site in Leicestershire prior to arrival at Apedale.