Santa Restrospect

Well, folks, that’s pretty much the Santa Season wrapped up for 2016 – not quite, as we have a charter day later this week for local schools. It’s been by far our busiest Santa Season ever, with the trains sold out, and a few additionals crammed in where we can. We’ve moved well over 2000 people, which ain’t bad for a little railway with little coaches! We have checked with Santa and reviewed his log sheets for the weekend, and can therefore confirm that a record 98.7% of children seen were on the Nice List. And he thinks the remaining 1.3% can redeem themselves this week if they try hard.
Certainly on the Nice List are all the people of the Moseley Railway Trust who make all this happen. It’s worth taking a moment to remember the people who are on site at 0615 each morning to get the steam loco from the shed and light the fire. And the people still locking up late in the evening. The shop staff who are front and centre with all our visitors. The people who spend the day inflating balloons which are treasured by young ones. The team who designed and created the best-ever Grotto. The Guards and traincrew, and those who restore and maintain the trains and tracks. Did I mention those who spend every evening doing admin work? So, to you all – WELL DONE and HAPPY CHRISTMAS. When you get bored with watching Mary Poppins for the nth time in ITV4, have a look at the MRT Christmas Quiz which will be appearing here in just a moment…..